Saturday 3 September 2016

The Beginning of Building The Dream




Finally our long awaited dream is underway! 

As you may or may not know for the past four years myself and my other half have been trying to fulfill our dream of building our first home together. Yes, we're crazy I know! If we had decided to go down the road of buying a house we would be living in a house of our own years ago, but why play it safe we thought - we had a amazing opportunity in front of us with the option to build and we just had to go with it. Together we could create our perfect home together, not many 20 something year olds living in Dublin get that chance in life! 

Our dream began four years when Gerard's family put forward the idea to us that we could us the space where there large garage stood as a site to build a house (in picture above).  We could not believe our luck and the family's amazing generosity. Financially we would have never been able to afford to buy in Dublin and stay in the town where both our families lived and we grew up. This opportunity was like winning the lottery. We felt truly blessed. 
The road to getting to this point was far from easy - I will do a more detailed blog post about that later - and at times I did feel like we did the wrong thing and we should have just bought a house but now that the build has started I couldn't be happier with our decision and our opportunity. 

I plan to document the entire build along with showing my design ideas, our journey to this point and what I have learned along the way. I couldn't be more excited for what's to come and I hope you all - however few there may be reading this - enjoy seeing our journey documented along the way. 

Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment